Monday, October 29, 2012

Waiting Waiting!

The past few days have been quite a whirlwind in the Vodicka household. I mentioned in my update last week that things were really busy at work, and the evening are usually full for Adam and I too. I noticed last weekend that I was starting to look a little "puffy". By Thursday of last week, I couldn't even get my feet in my shoes and I resorted to wearing flip flops. I thought it was the normal end of pregnancy swelling that I was dealing with and I decided that I was going to go through the next 2.5 weeks looking and feeling like this:


We went to the doctor's on Friday and she came into the room, took one look at me, and started flipping out about my appearance. I knew I was swollen, but she just kept telling me to relax so she could check my reflexes, hands, feet, etc. It was hard to relax seeing her running around the table in circles. She mentioned she thought I might have preeclampsia even thought I had no risk factors and my blood pressure has been relatively normal. She told me I was going to go for labs and to go home and get ready to have the baby "sometime early next week." While waiting to do blood work, I snapped this picture of my leg:

Yup, I was a little swollen. My face and hands were this bad too. Following blood work I called work, my parents, and Adam and I headed out for what we thought would be our last pre-baby dinner out. The doctor told me to sit put and we'd hear by Saturday what the plan was. 

I went to work Saturday morning because I knew that if I did have the baby this week, nothing was really set in stone and I needed to finalize a few details. Then I went to Target to get some last minute items for my hospital bag. While I was waddling around in Target the doctor called. BUSTED...haha. Anyway, she said I didn't have preeclampsia but that I did need to go on bed rest for the rest of the weekend and take Monday off work. I went home, hunkered down on the couch with Penny and just hoped and prayed that the swelling would go down by today. 
Bed Rest Buddy!!
This morning when I woke up, I felt much better and was excited to see what she would say today. I was curious about why I would swell so bad if there was no reason for it, but at the same time I was relieved that I was looking better. We went in for a Non-Stress Test and then we saw the doctor. 
Having fun listening to baby girl during my Non-Stress Test. Looking A LOT better.
We saw the doctor and she said the baby looked beautiful on the monitor and that I looked well enough to go back to work. I am going back for three days a week until I deliver. She said we'll definitely have a baby in the next two weeks though. Right now I am just "a little bit" dilated and my cervix is starting to soften. According to the doctor, baby girl hasn't dropped enough to be a candidate for a successful induction, so we're just going to have to wait :) 

Waiting has been a major theme with this little one. We waited patiently to get pregnant with her and we are waiting patiently for her to be ready to be born. It's hard but she'll be totally worth it!

My verse for the next few weeks: But if we hope for what is still unseen by us, we wait for it with patience and composure. -Romans 8:25

No comments:

Post a Comment