Friday, August 10, 2012

25 Weeks

This week has been crazy! I hit 25 weeks last Saturday. The weekend was a blur, and the week was even crazier. I started back to work this week. I am so excited about this upcoming school year. I know it will be a wild ride with a little girl on the way, but I also love what I do for a living. Here is my update for this week:

How far along? 25 weeks
Total weight gain: up 18 lbs. 
Maternity clothes? Yes! I wish they made maternity shoes. My feet are dying in my dress shoes. Going from no shoes/flip-flops to nice dress shoes= bad news.
Stretch marks? nope!
Sleep: I have been sleeping really well. I think waking up early and staying up late to watch the Olympics have helped me to be way tired by bedtime. I am absolutely wiped out!
Best Moment This Week: There were so many this week! 1) A woman from church blessed our little girl with so many nice items. She has a high chair, bouncer, exersaucer, bath tub, car seat, and tons of other things. I can't believe she would give us so much nice stuff. I have included some pictures of all her fun new loot. 2) I was driving to get a new shower curtain rod yesterday and I saw the most gorgeous rainbow. I literally broke down because I feel like baby V is my rainbow. And while I LOVE carrying her in my belly and am so blessed that she will be a part of our family, the rainbow made me thankful for the little baby I will always care in my heart. As hard as our miscarriage was on me, God has always been so faithful and I am incredibly grateful. 
Miss Anything? I can't think of anything I miss but I was reflecting this week when I was cleaning out my linen closet how much I don't miss getting my period. Haha. Got to look for the positives...

Movement: Yes! At our 24/25 week check-up, baby girl was SO active they had a hard time finding her heartbeat. I guess I know she is okay because she is so active, but it made me nervous too. Silly little kiddo. From what we could hear, her heart rate was somewhere between 148-152. 
Food cravings: nothing particular
Anything making you queasy or sick: The heat from my hair dryer. I am so sensitive to heat 
Gender: Girl
Labor Signs: Nope, but I had my first Braxton Hicks this week. Crazy! 
Symptoms: Not to complain, but my back has hurt so bad from sitting all day at work. My administrative assistant, Sandy, saved the day with a lumbar roll pillow for my chair. Other than that, it is just swollen feet.
Belly Button in or out? Flat as a pancake!! This week it finally happened. Eeeek!
 Wedding rings on or off? on
Happy or Moody most of the time:  Happy! 
Looking forward to: Karen's wedding and organizing baby's room.

Some of baby's fun stuff from Noel.

More baby goodies to be organized :)

Baby girl got her first present today! A crib sheet and bumper for her crib! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment