Saturday, April 28, 2012

Adventure

Thursday evening was quite interesting in the Vodicka house! I was sleeping on the couch when Penelope got spooked and decided to use my belly as traction to get up and check out what was going on.  Needless to day, it was a little painful and VERY scary! After crying and freaking out for a little bit, Adam decided I needed to call the doctor. I was SO embarrassed to call and say that my dog had stepped on the baby and I didn't know what to do. I was mad at Penny, upset with Adam, but I decided to call the doctor at 10:50 p.m. to figure out what I should do. Fortunately, my doctor was on call and she was very calm and super nice about the whole situation. She assured me that I was fine and that if I was really worried about it I could always try and get squeezed in for an ultrasound the next day. I went to bed, rattled, but feeling a tad bit better. When I was getting ready for work on Friday, I decided that the ultrasound wasn't necessary and that I would let it go.

Fast forward to Friday morning when I was at work, the doctor called back and decided that they should probably see me and send for an ultrasound just to double check. The primary concern was any bleeding that could occur since I am on the Lovenox and aspirin. Our ultrasound was at 1:00 and we were going to see the midwife afterward. I was so nervous about what the ultrasound would show.

I picked up Adam and we went to the appointment and they got us in for our ultrasound right away. When she started looking for the baby, there was the wiggliest, happiest little baby in there!! It was literally "running" on the screening. The ultrasound tech, Carol, and Adam and I were cracking up! She had trouble getting the heartbeat to focus because the baby was moving so much!! Total peace of mind! It was so fun (and kind of surreal) to see the baby moving so much but not be able to feel it. I loved it so much! Here's our silly wiggle worm:
Check out those little legs!!
Little Baby V- 10 weeks 7 days! :) 

The mid-wife was awesome and she checked to see if we could hear the heartbeat on the Doppler. Well right when she put it on my belly WE HEARD THE HEARTBEAT!! The sweetest music to my ears :) She said that once we can hear the heartbeat the risk of miscarriage becomes less than 2%. Yay! God is so GOOD!!! :) What a blessing that our baby is growing and wiggling in my womb!

No comments:

Post a Comment