Saturday, April 14, 2012

Week 9


How far along? 9 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: I have not checked this week. The battery on our scale died. This could be a good thing and a bad thing :)
Maternity clothes? Not yet...though I have started to look and I am excited about the choices that are out there.
Stretch marks? Nope
Sleep: I am so tired still! I am the biggest get up and go type person, but lately I want to do nothing other than go to work and sleep.
Best moment this week: I had an overwhelming sense of joy sitting at my desk this week where it seem to finally hit me that it is okay to start to bond with this little one. I can't explain it other than it was a wonderful feeling.
Have you told family and friends: Just my parents, Adam's parents, and my two co-workers. Of course Karen knows too!!
Miss Anything? Surprisingly, lunch meat. Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwiches are getting really old.
Movement: No movement yet. I am longing for those days!
Food cravings: Still have to have at least two glasses of milk a day. The last two days it has been Cool Ranch Doritos
Anything making you queasy or sick: Meat and the smell of coffee
Have you started to show yet: I noticed quite a bit more roundness. My administrative assistant at work noticed the bump on Friday! Yay!
Gender prediction: I was so certain with our last pregnancy that it was a boy. This pregnancy has been so different I kind of wonder if it is a girl
Labor Signs: Nope
Belly Button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy!
Looking forward to: Getting through this week. This will be a significant pregnancy week for me. 


Well, we have made it to week nine. I meet this week with a lot of joy and trepidation. It is taking all my will power not to call and ask for a viability ultrasound. I have to trust that we'll make it past that nine week and four day mark with the baby being just fine. I know the more I worry about it that it is not good for Jellybean. I keep searching for someone or something to give me the perfect words to reassure me. It reminds me that pregnancy is a total God thing and that He is in ultimate control. It is all very humbling. I love that this has been such a formative part of my spiritual journey. 

In the mean time I will meditate on one of my favorite scriptures, Philippians 4:6-7 (NLT):
Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.


Side note, I am really enjoying my chalkboard. Such a great way to celebrate and have fun with the baby's growth and development!

No comments:

Post a Comment