Saturday, May 12, 2012

12 Week Appointment

Yesterday Adam and I had our twelve week appointment. This was rescheduled so that the ultrasound technician could better look at the back of the babies neck for it's Nuchal Translucency Scan. I had been looking forward to this appointment for awhile. I was also excited because this was going to be the first time that I saw the doctor during this pregnancy. Too be quite honest, I was scared out of my mind because every time I had seen her in the past nothing good has been going on.

We were scheduled for our ultrasound at 11 and our doctor's visit at 12:45. We got right in to our ultrasound. I LOVE the ultrasound technician, Carol. As a career professional, I wish everyone could take as much delight in there job as she does. It just so happened our doctor's office had hired a new office manager and she was wanting to see how an NT scan was done. The office manager was great and she was just as excited about seeing our baby as we were.

Little JB was looking pretty cute yesterday during his/her ultrasound. Unfortunately baby was STUBBORN so we were not able to get a cute profile shot of it's little face. Carol was able to get some other incredible pictures, though there is one funny one where the baby turned it's back to us right when she took the picture. :) Love that kid already! It was so fun to laugh with the ladies while Adam sat next to me beaming. Here's our ultrasound pics:

 Somebody was being silly and decided we didn't need to see their cute little face! (back of baby)
Best profile view we could get of JB

My absolute most favorite picture of the baby! It is having the time of it's life. [Insert Turtle Man Yell]

Baby was being way too cute and spent most of the ultrasound sucking it's thumb. This picture is really grainy but she wanted me to be able to be in awe of how sweet and wonderful this little one already is. LOVE IT!

**Adam and I had lunch at Panera after some test kit drama in between our ultrasound/bloodwork and doctor's appointment. Wahoo!**

Doctor's appointment was great. Adam had me cracking up in the room creating this totally ridiculous get-up for the doctor to wear using only materials found in the exam room. I could not pull together when she walked in. Hopefully she knows we will take this parenting thing seriously :)

Doctor was great! She laughed that we didn't have to do my surgery. She gave me the best news of all, baby is growing REALLY well. The baby already measured 13 weeks 6 days. I was only 12 weeks 7 days. She did say that wasn't enough to change my due date but proceeded to tell me that I will be scheduled delivery no matter what because of the blood thinners. This was relieving and terrifying all that same time. The relief comes in the fact that if I were to go in to labor on my own while on the Lovenox injections no anesthesiologist would touch me with a ten foot pole. Translation= No Epidural! I am bummed because I did want to try and deliver as naturally as possible. The good news is I know that my doctor will be present for my baby's birth. Hooray! 

Everything else was great news. Baby's NT scan was normal and it's heart rate is 142. Carol predicted on heart rate alone that baby will be a boy. All the color left Adam's face when she said it. You know me, I am happy as a clam as long as this baby is healthy. I want what I have :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment