Sunday, July 15, 2012

22 Weeks

I am writing my post today with a lot of different feelings happening inside me. Three hours ago, I said goodbye as Adam left for his Guatemala mission trip. I have been dreading this week since I found out I was pregnant for so many reasons. It might be a little selfish that I would dread something as wonderful as a mission trip. I just have not been looking forward to him being gone for a week and staying alone while pregnant. Those of you that know me really well know that I found out that I was pregnant with our angel baby the day Adam left for Guatemala last year. I just remember being alone with the pregnancy test in total disbelief. That week, everything in my life changed and I wasn't able to share those experiences with Adam as they were happening. 

Now, praise Jesus that this little girl is healthy and I have nothing to fear about Adam being gone. The biggest concern for me mainly deals with giving myself a week's worth of injections. But I can do it! When I get freaked, I know baby girl is totally worth the burning pain, the bruise, and the few quick tears that fall sometimes. I think another part of me is sad that I won't get to share in the great experiences of the trip with Adam this year. I miss going and being a part of the amazing work that is happening in Guatemala. Most of all, I will simply miss Adam. He is an amazing husband and friend and each day we share together is a precious gift. I'll miss him just being around the house. I know Penelope will miss her play buddy too!

Before you think "Oh my, Kate is not going to make it though the week" I must confess there are lots of great people in my life down here in Kentucky who have offered to spend time with me and check-in with me during the week. I also have lots to prepare for with Karen's bachelorette party/shower being 13 days away! Hooray! Anyway, enough of my hormonal ramblings! I had to take the picture with the tripod today and I couldn't figure out how to get the legs to go all the way up. Hence, the sitting down poses! Haha!



How far along? 22 weeks 2 days
Total weight gain: up 11 lbs.
Maternity clothes? A mix of some maternity and some regular
Stretch marks? none on my belly yet!
Sleep: I have a hard time falling asleep, but once I do...it's lights out until morning. Unless I have go to bathroom a bunch in the night. 
Best Moment This Week: Hitting the jackpot on Old Navy's summer clearance for baby. I got her a dress and a few onsies. I got the clearance price plus a 20% coupon. She'll be styling next summer!
Miss Anything? Sleeping on my belly!
Movement: Yes! I feel lots of little kicks up by my belly button. Adam got to feel some before he left today too!
Food cravings: Milk!
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope
Gender: GIRL!!!
Have you started to show yet: Yes! Lots of people are fascinated with the belly!
Labor Signs: Nope. 
Symptoms: Some round ligament pain and hip pain.
Belly Button in or out? Still in for now...
 Wedding rings on or off? on
Happy or Moody most of the time:  Emotional. I was so weepy about Adam leaving and I don't even know why!! I could not get a grip. Other than that, I am happy as a clam.
Looking forward to: Baby girl's crib and changing table being delivered, getting my dress fitted for Karen's wedding, and ADAM COMING HOME!!

I love her so much!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment