Monday, July 30, 2012

Nursery Update

We went and picked up baby girls furniture last Monday! I was so excited that it came in and that we were able to pick it up in the two days between Adam getting home from Guatemala and leaving to go up to Cleveland for a few days. It was quite the adventure! (Isn't everything with us?) So I thought I'd share pictures of how it all came together!

The boxes ready to go. Unfortunately that was the wrong crib in there.
Yes, you read that caption right. So Adam got the whole crib out of the box and I had a sad/sick feeling in my belly that it wasn't the crib we ordered. I didn't want to be a diva, but I sort of loved the crib we picked out. We took it back to Babies R Us the next day and when we talked to the manager she said, "Let me guess, you ordered the White Venetian Curved Crib". Yep, that was us. So we found out that there was nothing they could do to get it for us since it had been discontinued. They let us pick out any crib we wanted to make up for the error. YAY!
Adam opening the boxes!

Penelope helping with the changing table assembly.

The changing table coming together.

Almost done!

A proud daddy with his completed changing table! :) 

Furniture assembly day two. Adam tackling the crib! (Of course he had a side kick again)

Organizing all the pieces

Reading the directions!

A crib coming together!

Making sure all the bolts are nice and tight!

A daddy rite of passage complete! Baby girl has a crib!! Thanks, Adam!
Now that all the furniture is in there, I have an incredible urge to paint. It just looks so sterile. White baby furniture, white walls, white blinds.... Trying to talk Adam into sprucing up the room just a bit with a fresh coat! We'll just have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment