Monday, June 11, 2012

17 Weeks

Adam and I went to our 16 week appointment on Friday. This was a routine check-up to see how baby girl was doing. Baby was great. Her heart rate was 148 and she continues to grow exceptionally well. At 16 weeks the top of the fundus (uterus) is supposed to be 1 1/2" below the belly button. My uterus was right at my belly button. My belly measured at 17.5 cm. Yay for our little one growing so well. We had a great appointment and our truly blessed.

For our 17 week update, I didn't do the chalkboard. I was so excited that our pool was raring to go and that I was finally able to wear my cute swimsuit my mom bought me! I love that my first maternity item was a swimsuit. Not the most practical, but certainly the most fun! Thanks Mom!


How far along? 17 weeks 3 days
Total weight gain/loss: Up five pounds from my original weight.
Maternity clothes? I have been going back and forth between my normal clothes and maternity clothes. Maternity clothes are way more comfortable.
Stretch marks? Not on my belly yet.
Sleep: I am still having a hard time sleeping through the night. I wake-up for a 2 a.m. to get a snack.
Best moment this week: Finding out the baby V is a GIRL!
Have you told family and friends: Yes!
Miss Anything? Eating normally. I had a scare with not getting enough calories this weekend. I just want to make sure that I am getting everything that the baby needs. I have always grazed my way through life, so finding extra times to eat will be tricky, but I am certainly up for the challenge. It might be Smashburger every week from here on out! :)
Movement: I am still feeling a lot of movement and it is getting stronger. At my appointment the midwife told me that the baby is VERY active. 
Food cravings: Nothing particular. 
Anything making you queasy or sick: Smells, especially people wearing too much perfume or cologne. Poor Adam, we went to the art museum in Cincinnati this weekend and we had to map out our route away from a woman who's perfume was just too strong. I have never had that happened before where I was so sensitive to that kind of thing. 
Have you started to show yet: The bump is growing, growing!
Gender: GIRL!
Labor Signs: Nope
Belly Button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy!
Looking forward to: More movement and thinking about what we want sweet girl's nursery to look like. 

We bought our first thing for baby this weekend. We bought her this blanket to match what will hopefully be her crib bedding :) It is so stinking cute!

Penelope stroller blanket- Pottery Barn Kids

No comments:

Post a Comment