Monday, June 25, 2012

19 Weeks

So a few funny thoughts about this week's post. 1) Adam wanted to have a say on what went on the chalkboard. According to the pregnancy book, Baby girl is around the size of a mango at 19 weeks. Adam asked how big that was and I said about 6 inches long. He thought that all of this produce size comparison stuff was getting lame so he wanted to come up with something else. I told him if he could come up with something different that was six inches long I would put it on the chalkboard. After thinking it over, he was adamant that we compare her to a toilet paper roll. I guess that is a great visual!! 2) We have got to find a new place on the fence to hang the chalkboard or take the picture in the A.M. before it gets to bright! Squinty Kate is NOT cute!

How far along? 19 weeks 3 days
Total weight gain: 7 lbs
Maternity clothes? I have been trying to stay as cool as possible so I have been wearing dresses as often as I can. I run so much laundry washing the same few dresses. In other news, I am still trying to wear my pre-pregnancy pajama pants that are getting snug and Adam almost DIED laughing at my plumbers butt last night. Sigh.TMI, but true. 
Stretch marks? none yet!
Sleep: Better than last week! My pillow has been so helpful!
Best Moment This Week: I was putting my hair in a ponytail in the bathroom and Adam came in and kissed my belly. It was really sweet because the belly has made everything way more real.
Miss Anything? Having a normal appetite. I still have aversions to things that I used to love.
Movement:
 Yep! We went to the Ichthus music festival on Saturday and she seemed to really love the music. She was moving and grooving through all the concerts. 

Food cravings: Chocolate chip ice cream
Anything making you queasy or sick: Still just meat and some smells. It is still quite random.
 Gender: GIRL!!!
Labor Signs: Nope. 
Symptoms: I have been having some hip pain at night when I am sleeping. I chalk it up to either my hips getting ready for delivery or getting used to sleeping on my side. Either way, it goes away once I start moving in the morning. I also have been congested which then leads to nosebleeds. Thankfully, that usually only happens in the morning too. 
Belly Button in or out? My belly button is SHALLOW!! I wouldn't be surprised if didn't flatten out here in the next week or two. (BTW really regretting that impulse decision to get a belly ring as an 18 year old. The hole is looking like it may tear. Praying it doesn't)
 Wedding rings on or off? on
Happy or Moody most of the time:  So happy!! Adam and I are so blessed and baby girl is by far the greatest blessing!
Looking forward to: My mom coming to my ultrasound on July 9th!!! I am so excited to share some of my pregnancy journey with her!!! Hoping Adam will agree to help me clean out what will be our nursery so we can start arranging her furniture.

No comments:

Post a Comment