Wednesday, June 20, 2012

18 Weeks


How far along? 18 weeks 5 days
Total weight gain/loss: Up seven pounds from my original weight.
Maternity clothes? Had the sad reality that my pre-pregnancy pants wouldn't go over my rear end so it's maternity pants/clothes for me!! 
Stretch marks? Still not on my belly
Sleep: Sleep hit rock bottom this week. Like I have said before, I have always been a stomach sleeper and getting used to sleeping on my side has been tough. Adam surprised me yesterday and said we could go get look into getting a pregnancy pillow. We went yesterday and purchased this fabulous creation:
It is a Snoogle Total Body Pillow. Woo! Last night I had the best sleep that I have had in 4 months. Not that the sleepless nights haven't been worth it, it is just nice to have the pillow to be comfortable. Of course, Penelope has tried to commandeer this pillow for her self. Not happening!
Best moment this week: After getting ice-cream last night with the high school girls, Adam felt baby girl move for the first time. He has been waiting so patiently for this to happen. It has definitely been one of the best moments of our pregnancy so far!
Have you told family and friends: Yes!
Miss Anything? Feeling like a capable human. People treat you differently when you are pregnant. I am certainly not going to do anything crazy to hurt baby girl. I keep telling concerned friends that I am not disabled, just pregnant :)
Movement: She has been moving quite a bit and her movements have been stronger.
Food cravings: Anything with fruit!
Anything making you queasy or sick: Still meat. I can eat it when it is cold. So needless to say, chicken salad has been by b.f.f. Before pregnancy, I was a meat and potatoes girl. Still trying to supplement like crazy so that she gets protein.
Have you started to show yet: Yes! I had my first stranger ask me when my baby was due! So exciting!
Gender: GIRL!
Labor Signs: Nope
Belly Button in or out? In, but it is very shallow! Adam was completely freaked out by my belly button the other night. 
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: This week I have been a little more sensitive than I normally am. I was getting weepy over lots of different things. Fortunately I can chalk that up to pregnancy. 
Looking forward to: Finishing our baby registry and watching my belly grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment