Saturday, June 30, 2012

Praises and Nursery Inspiration

Last night when I was wide awake eating a Nutrigrain bar at 3:30 a.m., I couldn't help but wander into what will be our little girl's room. Right now it is an office with a desk, three book cases and a bed for visitors. In four months a little person will be living in there. I sat in the dark room looking around trying to imagine what it will be like to be up with her in the night. I couldn't help but be so overwhelmed with thanksgiving because this baby is so wanted. I sat and prayed in her space. I read my favorite part of  Psalm 139, verses 13-16. These verses talk about how beautiful and intricately God has made baby girl and he knows her and all her ways. I can only sit there and imagine that I have made it halfway through a pregnancy that I thought was never going to happen. It reminded me that pregnancy is nothing more than an act of God. It sure makes me realize my lack of control. I just hope that no matter what time I have in this life with this baby, that I commit her to Him.

As I started to get up to go back to bed, I couldn't help but freak out that I have no clue what her room will be like. The last few days as I have been confined to the house, I have started to pack up some of the bookcases. Mainly my notes from seminary, crafting books, and other odds and ends that haven't been given much thought once they been stuck on a bookcase. Adam and I have been incredibly blessed by a family in our church who wants to give us all of their gently used baby items. Pretty soon a  pack and play, high chair, bouncer, exercsaucer, and all sorts of odds in ends will be in that room and we are not ready for any of it. Adam keeps saying we have time, but I am so excited to start to feel like her coming to our home is becoming more real. I thought I would share some of the inspiration behind what I want her nursery to be like.


Photo from Pottery Barn Kids
Since before we ever found out we were pregnant I stumbled across this bedding set on Pinterest. Once I saw it, I was in love. I told myself if we ever had a little girl, this would be here bedding. Then I found out it came from Pottery Barn. Well after checking out loads of other bedding, this bedding isn't as ridiculous as I thought it would be in terms of cost. Adam and I went and checked it out in person in Cincinnati and he fell in love too. Who doesn't love whimsical birds? Haha! We were going to buy it, but they talked us into registering for it. I guess you never know! I love it because it's not over the top pink and it is not too hokey. We aren't going to do a whole lot in terms of painting, so her room will have white walls and this will be a subtle (but cute) set. We bought the matching stroller blanket while we were there and I love how sweet the blanket is.

My parents have been so gracious to give Adam and I some furniture for the nursery. We are getting sissy's old dresser (which was my dad's old dresser)! They are also giving me the glider-rocker that was my grandma's. Mom and Dad are also getting baby girl her crib. We have lucked out and been blessed BIG TIME! I have started to look at cribs and I really want to get one in white. Now the other furniture is basic wood color, but I am not obsessed with everything matching, so I have decided that it's okay to pick out a white crib. After looking, researching, and reading reviews I think I am going to choose one from Target. It's reasonably priced and I think the bedding we chose would look great in this crib. 

Crib and Changing Table from Target
For some wall art fun, I saw wooden monograms in a boutique here in Lexington. Then I started to think how fun it would be to hang her monogram on the wall. A little girly touch! Well I looked into the monograms that I saw at the boutique and wouldn't you know they were charging $400 for them. HAHA, yeah right! So I thought surely there'd be other places that make wooden monograms that hang on the well. Sure enough, I found some for $25 on Etsy! Hooray!
Monogram letters from Etsy. Once we are solid on a name, I might order these! Cute, feminine, and girly!


I kept telling myself I wouldn't go overboard with pink and too much girly stuff. But, I am total caught up in the fact that were having a little princess. I will continue to try and restrain myself but it is too hard!

Sitting on the couch shopping has been a little dangerous for me. Thankfully, I haven't decided to buy anything yet. As soon as Adam gives me the green light my splurge will be the diaper bag I want:

Vera Bradley- Vera Vera Baby Bag Microfiber Black

Unfortunately, this beauty has been discontinued so I have only been able to find it on ebay. Bummer :( I love it though. It has a wipeable inside and a matching changing pad. Plus it is not to Mommyish. Just a nice simple black tote. 

So some of things that I am thinking about for baby girl. Who knows, maybe we'll end up with completely different stuff by the time she arrives! I can't wait to see how everything will come together.
















No comments:

Post a Comment