Tuesday, June 5, 2012

16 Weeks

I am so excited this week! I got the best surprise from Adam for our anniversary. He decided that we would go for a private ultrasound for an early gender determination!!! I can hardly believe it. Of course this totally changed my plan for the chalkboard this week. I was going to write that the baby was the size of an avocado, but now we can take a guess a gender! WOOO! If you have talked to me recently, you know that I am going to be happy with anything and that I was okay to wait. Adam, however, can hardly stand the suspense. Hence, our appointment TOMORROW!! YAY! Hopefully Baby V cooperates!


How far along? 16 weeks 4 days
Total weight gain/loss: Up four pounds from my original weight.
Maternity clothes? I have been going back and forth between my normal clothes and maternity clothes. Maternity clothes are way more comfortable.
Stretch marks? Just on my hips :/
Sleep: My new thing is waking up at 4:15 a.m. I don't know what that is all about, but I usually go get something to drink, go to the bathroom, wander aimlessly around the house. I think God has a sense of humor and is just preparing me for what is about to come my way.
Best moment this week: The surprise that we are going tomorrow to find out Jellybean's gender. 
Have you told family and friends: Yes!
Miss Anything? Being able to sleep through the night. 
Movement: I can feel the baby whenever I am sitting or laying down. He/She is an active little squirt. I have a feeling that we are going to have our hands full.
Food cravings: Vanilla ice cream cones.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Penelope and her nasty dog habits. Yes...I had to give her ANOTHER bath this week! 
Have you started to show yet: I have a little bump. I love it! Many people have commented that I have started to show. My favorite was one of our youth kids grandma told me that her favorite phrase of our (mine) generation is "baby bump" and that she thought that I had a cute baby bump :) Loved it!
Gender prediction: Boy...but we shall see tomorrow!
Labor Signs: Nope
Belly Button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: I hate to admit this, but hormones are getting the best of me. I can hardly believe that I get upset over 90% of the things that I get upset about. Fortunately I don't get mean, I just get weepy. I am still elated to be pregnant. 
Looking forward to: Finding out what baby is tomorrow and going to the doctor on Friday. This is going to be a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment